Reach warp speed with the new Pro 20 Skate Shoe from Heelys! Rocking timeless sneaker style, the Pro 20 Skate Shoe features sturdy nylon canvas uppers with a flexible rubber outsole and ABEC 5 bearings for a smooth ride.
- 100% vegan-friendly construction
- Sturdy nylon canvas upper with allover galaxy graphics
- Soft textile lining
- Padded collar for added comfort and support
- Lace closure offers a secure fit
- Cushioned footbed provides lasting comfort
- Removable low-profile wheel with ABEC 5 bearings for a smooth ride
- Abrasion-resistant brake pad
- Durable rubber outsole for flexible traction
Heelys, the shoes with wheels in the heels, allow you to walk, run, and switch to a roll at any moment. Heelys were first invented by Roger Adams in 2000 while he was on vacation in Huntington Beach, CA. While watching kids skate up and down the streets on their inline skates, Adams thought of the idea of a shoe that could roll on command by just shifting your body weight from the front of your feet to your heels. He quickly got to work in his garage, cutting out the heels of a pair of Nike running shoes, running rods through each heel, and using one of the wheel bearings that come on a skateboard. The original pair of Heelys needed some work, but when they eventually rolled into shoe stores, they sold out in a matter of minutes. Since then, Heelys has gone on to sell millions of pairs of shoes in more than 70 countries, allowing kids and adults to discreetly skate in malls, indoor and outdoor parking lots, or pretty much anywhere with a stretch of concrete they can find.